This charming 170 year old Mason House Inn Bed & Breakfast is located in historic Bentonsport, Iowa. The spectacular antique hotel was built in 1846 by Mormon craftsmen coming from Nauvoo, IL, as a hotel for the steamboat travelers. This historic hotel has functioned in a variety of ways over time; from a station on the Underground Railroad to a hospital at three different times to its current use as a year round bed and breakfast. It boasts a 40 foot long dining room. There are 9 guest rooms adorned with stunning original furniture along with gorgeous antiques throughout the entire establishment. The fully functional kitchen has a food service rating. This unique property is nestled on the banks of the beautiful Des Moines River in the Villages of Van Buren County, Iowa.
There’s a cookie jar in every room!
For more information check out www.masonhouseinn.com
– 10 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms
– Bentonsport, IA 52565
– 6000 Sq. Ft. house built in 1846
– Van Buren School District
– Resides in the Historic District neighborhood
– Taxes: $4014
– Bed & Breakfast for sale in SE Iowa
- Address: 21982 Hawk Dr.
- Price: 450000.0000
- Bedrooms: 10
- Bathrooms: 10
- Status: 2
- Office ID: 197
- MOP County: Van Buren
- MOPLS ID: 34692
- Acreage: 37500.0000
- Property Featured Image: http://www.mossyoakproperties.com/Images/Properties/34692/Resized/71c8f52e-0bb0-437f-ba6e-08c587e53e1e.jpg
- Property State: IA
- End Date: 2019-11-04T00:00:00-06:00